Unique field emission source
Unique among desktop SEMs, the Phenom Pharos G2 FEG-SEM offers a field emission source, which guarantees high brightness, crisp images, and stable beam current.
Excellent resolving power
The Phenom Pharos G2 FEG-SEM offers a resolution of 2.0 nm at 20 kV. Such performance shows the shape of nanoparticles, imperfections in coatings, or other features that would be missed by tungsten SEMs or other tabletop SEMs.
With a voltage range down to 1 kV, the Phenom Pharos G2 FEG-SEM enables imaging of beam-sensitive samples, such as polymers, as well as insulating samples, without the requirement to apply a coating. As a result, nanoscale surface features are not obscured.
While FEG SEMs have a reputation for being difficult to accommodate and difficult to operate, the Phenom Pharos G2 FEG-SEM literally requires only a desk, and less than one hour of training. Master students, visitors, or other researchers typically not trained to work on high-end FEG SEMs can easily use the Phenom Pharos G2 FEG-SEM to create eye-catching images.
A world of information
On the Phenom Pharos G2 FEG-SEM, morphological information is acquired together with compositional information, thanks to SE, BSE, and EDS detectors built into the system. A range of sample holders is available for temperature-controlled or electrical experiments.
- 2.0 nm (SE), 3 nm (BSE) at 20 kV
- 10 nm (SE) at 3 kV
|Electron optical magnification range
|Light optical magnification
- Default: 5 kV, 10 kV and 15 kV
- Advanced mode: adjustable range between 1 kV and 20 kV
- High vacuum mode
- Medium vacuum mode
- Integrated charge reduction mode (low vacuum mode)
- Back scattered electron detector (standard)
- Energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS) detetor (optional)
- Secondary electron detector (optional)
- Up to 25 mm diameter (32 mm optional)
- Up to 35 mm (100 mm optional)